This camp covered pitching, hitting and defense. All campers took live batting practice and all pitchers threw instructional bullpens that lead to throwing to live hitters during (3) instructional game against other 16u team participants. In attendance to name a few where, The Banditos, Texas Prospects and CBall. Each position and skill was coached and evaluated by the Texas State Baseball Coaching staff. Ty Harrington’s Evaluation Camp was open was open to any and all grades 9 through 12 (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).
All campers were evaluated on scale from 1-5 (1- being average high school player; 2-a good high school player; 3-JUCO player; 4-D1 player; 5- above D1 player).
Coach Ty Harrington encouraged all campers to do several things if they are interested in NCAA athletics:
- Get a NCAA clearing house ID now
- Set-up your own email address now
- Visit the NCAA website. it shows all the information you need to play college sports.
- you are your own CEO, so, Be Smart!- Have a professional voice mail (Coaches like that)
- Never text a coach. It is against the NCAA rules for them to reply.
- Email all coaches at all universities you would like to attend. The email must come from the Player, not the Parent and from their own email address.
- Colleges only get 11 .7 scholarships per year give out to 35 players. The average scholarship is 40%. Therefore, keep your grades up. Don’t worry about the GPA because coaches do not. The SAT/ACT is most important and your school level.
- Keep in mind that all social media will be monitored by all NCAA schools
- Keep active in your community doing volunteer work and place that on your social media accounts.
Notes and recommendations from Coach C:
- come prepared and ready to learn
- be attentive
- work hard
- be on time
CBall National Players in attendance:
- Chunks Gonzales
- Ruben Pena
- Bo Gonzales
- Sterling Malish
- Eric Alvarado
- Ricky Garcia
- Seth Mangiaracina
- Josh Hinijosa
- Erik Rodriguez
- Zack Barrera
- Carter Wittchabee
CBall American Players in attendance:
- Richard Schoebberger
- Ryan McCauley
- Joshua Fernandez
- Duncan Dalton
- Noah Martinez
- Josh Rodriguez
- Eric Cervantes
- Harrison Harsh
- Hundo Deleon
- Mike Helmke
- Tyler Flores